Two Soilmec drill rigs were used to install the drilled shafts. Steel columns supplied by SuperMetal were installed by TREVIICOS in the drilled shafts.
Setting the columns
1. Prior to lifting the column, the drilled shaft cage is lowered into the excavation and suspended from the top of the casing using two pieces of rebar.
2. The column is then lowered into the suspended cage to a depth approximately equivalent to the concrete embedment depth.
3. The column is precisely surveyed and located inside the cage.
4. Two pieces of angle iron (or equivalent) are attached to the drilled shaft cage and oriented parallel to the column flange. The angle iron is secured to the top horizontal bar of the cage with U-bolts.
5. The angle iron is tack welded to the flanges of the column, securing the drilled shaft cage at the correct elevation and position.
6. The column and cage are then lowered into the drilled shaft excavation and the column is set and secured on an independent frame.
38 Third Avenue, Charlestown, MA 02129 U.S.A.